Treating Adult and Pediatric Patients
The goal of sports medicine is to keep people active. For some that means continuing
to play basketball or hockey, for others it means climbing up stairs or lifting objects
Specializing in both traumatic athletic injuries and in chronic problems caused by
overuse, our team is made up of fellowship-trained sports medicine physicians from
the SLUCare departments of Orthopedic Surgery and Family Medicine. We treat both adult
patients and kids. When you see a SLUCare Sports Medicine doctor, you'll be getting
high-quality treatment, from state-of-the-art diagnostic imaging to minimally invasive
arthroscopic surgery and comprehensive rehabilitation services.
Please call 314-977-4440 to schedule an appointment with a SLUCare sports medicine doctor.
Caring for Athletes
On the athletic side, our experts treat athletes in any sport and at all ages and
skill levels. As our patient, you have access to the same specialists who treat the
Saint Louis University Billikens, local NCAA playoff games, Missouri Valley Conference basketball tournaments, the
Rock 'n' Roll Marathon, six area high schools and more.
- Treatment for knee ligament, cartilage and meniscus injuries of all types, including:
- ACL, PCL, LCL, MCL and other ligament repair/reconstruction
- Meniscus repair and transplantation
- Advanced cartilage repair, resurfacing and transplantation
- Lower extremity realignment procedures, including osteotomies
- Patellar stabilization procedures
- Care for shoulder dislocations and complex shoulder injuries
- Repair of rotator cuff tears
- Treatment for shoulder arthritis, including replacement surgery
- Care for elbow injuries, such as arthritis and ligament reconstruction surgery
- Elbow arthroscopy
- Hip arthroscopy
- Repair of femoroacetabular impingement, labral tears and snapping hip injuries
- Treatment for early knee arthritis
- Platelet rich plasma (PRP) injections
- Evaluation and treatment for sports-related concussion
SLUCare Sports Medicine Providers
Ashley Ali, MD
Scott Kaar, MD
William Mitchell, III, MD
Jamil Neme, MD
Lauren Smith, PA
Call 314-977-4440 to schedule an appointment with a SLUCare sports medicine doctor or schedule online.
Schedule Appointment Online
Current patients with questions or issues should call their doctor directly.
Dr. Kaar's patients and physical therapists should contact Meghan at 314-977-1082 or email@example.com.
Dr. Ashley Ali's patients and physical therapists should call 314-977-4083.
Resources for PT Professionals
SLUCare Sports Medicine Locations
Center for Specialized Medicine
1225 South Grand
St. Louis, MO 63104
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - St. Louis
1031 Bellevue Avenue, Suite 280 A
Richmond Heights, MO 63117
St. Francis Building at SSM Health St. Clare Hospital - Fenton
1011 Bowles Ave., Suite 400
Fenton, MO 63026
SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital
1465 S. Grand Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63104
SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Pediatrics
3878 Pershall Rd
Ferguson, MO 63135
SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital - Lake Saint Louis
400 Medical Plaza, Suite 220
Lake Saint Louis, MO 63367
Des Peres Medical Arts Pavilion II
2315 Dougherty Ferry Road, Suite 205
St. Louis, MO 63122