Treatment for Urinary Incontinence, Female Organ Prolapse and Other Pelvic Floor Disorders
The team of urogynecologists at SLUCare has been treating women with disorders such as incontinence and prolapse longer than anybody else in the St. Louis area. Our physicians are fellowship-trained and board-certified in both surgical and non-surgical techniques to provide relief from problems that commonly affect women as they age.
As regional experts in this specialty, we often see patients referred from other gynecological surgeons for evaluation following complications from pelvic surgery at another hospital or clinic.
Importantly, our team also includes specialists in conditions that cause vaginal and vulvar itching, pain and irritation. Through our dedicated Vulvar and Vaginal Disorders Specialty Center, SLUCare experts offer relief for women of all ages who struggle with these troubling symptoms.
Conditions we treat:
- Urinary incontinence and overactive bladder
- Pelvic organ prolapse (e.g., cystocele, rectocele, vaginal prolapse)
- Accidental bowel leakage
- Fistulas: genito-urinary and recto-vaginal
- Complicated obstetric laceration
- Urethral diverticulum
- Congenital vaginal defects: vaginal septum, vaginal agenesis
- Recurrent urinary tract infections
- Interstitial cystitis (a.k.a. painful bladder syndrome)
- Vulvar and vaginal disorders, including genital itch, infections and pain